• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

arrest without written warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

strivin

on january 14, 2001, my husband was approached by a police officer here in a small city in Mississippi, and the police officer stated that the chief of police brought to his attention a warrant for my husband's arrest on an outstanding unpaid ticket. The police officer then, asked my husband to follow him to the police station to resolve the ticket. My said that he would follow him, but did not and ended up coming home (we live outside of the city limit about 3 miles), because he felt this a matter that should be taken up in justice court. The police officer then followed him with lights onto our property, stating that my husband failed to yield to the blue lights. Should this have been the sheriff's department jurisdiction. Once my husband was booked into jail, there's is no proof of the warrant, only an outstanding ticket. There are two other tickets but one not thirty days old and the other's court date is on the 23rd of this month. Should there be cause for the earlier arrest, or is this considered harassment. He was not suspected of any criminal activity, just going in the store for milk. What are "articulable" facts?

C

cpdwife

Did your husband pay the ticket he was arrested for? If he didn't, and he missed the court date, that may be the reason he was arrested. I know here in Tn. if the ticket is not paid by the court date, and you don't show up to court, you can be arrested when pulled over. My husband is a police officer and he deals with it all the time, he tells me what people can do to avoid being arrested. The court also sets up payment schedules if you can't afford to pay the entire amount. I don't practice law nor have I ever been to law school. I just wanted to give you some information that may help with the other tickets. I hope everything goes well in court. Good Luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">