• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wage discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

coreysmom366

i have been with this co. for 5yrs. and in management for 3.5. i am a 52yr.old female. recently the co. has hired a new asst. mgr. we are allowed one mgr. and two asst. mgrs. i have been doing the job of the new asst. and my own job for 2yrs. now they finally hire someone and i find out he is getting 5000.00 dollars more than me. i also found out that a previous asst. mgr. who was transferred after several months was also recieving 4500.00 more than myself. now if i had any bad reviews or any problems with mgmnt. i could understand this, however, when a new asst. or new mgr. is hired, i am frequently sent to that store to train them. is there something wrong with this picture or am i missing something? do i have any recourse in this issue? possibly with the eeoc?

B

buddy2bear

Please read the Equal Pay Act. If that is of no help to you, then why not approach upper management and request a raise? Don't scream "sex discrimination" until you have honestly exhausted all your avenues.

C

Copette74

I am going through a situation close to yours. I am a Capt in a police dept., more education and experience in my field. I did more than once request a pay increase and employees below me made more than I. I looked into a suit against this situation and it was grabbed up immediately. ( I am a female and all others are male)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">