• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

One more question about dismissing lawyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? NY

What happens to the atty. bill? Does he still get paid for services up until now and will this wind up costing us more in the long run or does this warrant him foregoing fees since he did not provide proper counsel. His neglect in our case also impacted our financial situation since we are forced to pay rent on the apartment every month until we get the Letter Testementary. I sent him the bond application 3 weeks ago to post bond and he still has not done so. I also started out with him in August when my mom died and he didnt start filing the papers until October. I will also report him to the Bar Assocation.

seniorjudge

What is the name of your state? NY

What happens to the atty. bill? Does he still get paid for services up until now and will this wind up costing us more in the long run or does this warrant him foregoing fees since he did not provide proper counsel. His neglect in our case also impacted our financial situation since we are forced to pay rent on the apartment every month until we get the Letter Testementary. I sent him the bond application 3 weeks ago to post bond and he still has not done so. I also started out with him in August when my mom died and he didnt start filing the papers until October. I will also report him to the Bar Assocation.

Keep all your questions in your original thread.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">