• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

when to confess?????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

poni3939

my 11 year old has been accused of slashing tires,he is on probation and in bootcamp,the police want a statement from him.he was with another boy who also slashed tires,and who went to police and confessed to the crime and told police my son also did it.although i want to do the right thing,a confession from my son would be a sentence to a boys school for a min of 2 years and up to 9 years.this comming from the judge who sent him to bootcamp.these crimes were done before he started bootcamp,now that he is in bootcamp he is scared to death.i believe he has "learned his lesson" and is so sorry for what he has done,i realize sorry is not enough but i dont think these crimes warrant the punishment that will be given to him.he is on probation for 2 shoplifting arrests and throwing paint on a dog.my question is'is the statement from the other boy enough to convict my son?????can he even be arrested on that alone????

D

digital_bubble

Re:when....

if the police label your son's friend as an "informant", and the friend will implicate your son as an accessory to the crime (tire slashing), then you should find a lawyer, or your son may get more time in bootcamp. either way, contact a lawyer, and good luck.

**i am not a lawyer. the information expressed above is not to be considered legal council. It is strictly my opinion of your situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">