• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI probation question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

esilva

What is the name of your state?
Florida

Today April 25, 2007 I went to courts and got on DUI probation for six months. I have to call and have the police/probation officer come out to my car and put a lock device on it for ten days. On May 25, 2007 I can apply for a work permit to drive to work and school and I will also be getting a probation officer in the next few days. If everything goes well and I do all the community service and meet with the probation officer I will be off probation in six months. So I will be allowed to get my regular license back October 25, 2007.

My question is this: I am planning on moving to California for the summer to go to school. Would I be able to receive a regular license in California, since my DUI probation is only for the state of Florida?

FlyingRon

Make sure you coordinate your move with your probation officer. You absconding from the state without permission is going to violate your probation terms in most cases.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">