• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Shouldn't a

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kteach926

shouldn't a policy apply to all eligable employees

My husband just took a new job. We lived in Texas(they have an office there), and he took a job to move to Australia. They had to hire him in Texas(although he never did any work for them there) and transfered him to Australia for 2 years, but is a new permanent employee to return to Texas in 2 years. There are several shady things here. First, he was originally given an offer letter from the head office- in this offer, it stated that his australian required retirement fund contributions would be in addition to his salary. He still has a copy of this letter. The second letter was from his boss in Australia-and it said that the retirement contibutions were included in the salary. My husband received this letter the day before we left to come to Australia(after the movers had taken away our things to be shipped)and did not notice this change. Also, my husband found out that the employees who were already working for the company before making the move, received benefits from their "Relocation policy to Australia" This included a paid trip home once a year, a one time allowance of 8% of their salary, and a few other things. All this including the discrepency of the retirement contribution is quite a bit of money. And, my husband's contract insinuates that he will recieve this "policy". His boss claims that the "policy" does not exist, even though it is on the company website for all to view, and he allowed other employees to receive the benefits. Also, in the policy it states that it applies to employees relocating to Australia. (which was us)What can we do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">