• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

confess?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tronald

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

Someone was recently, drunk and on drugs and lit a roll of toilet paper on fire in a bar bathroom, The bar camera saw someone and his friend go into the bathroom, and then a third person entered.

The friend is known at the bar and the police are looking for him, for questioning probably? Someone doesn't want to let his friend go to jail over something so stupid and is thinking of talking to the police so his friend doesn't have to go to jail or have the police mess with him even for questioning.

The problem is, its friday night and someone couldn't talk to an attorney until monday, someone doesn't think the friend would be willing so say, "I don't know who it was" because they have moved this from a regular detective to an arson investigator and he is fearing jail.

So, does someone talk to the police now and say I know friend didn't do it, I'm willing to talk on monday with an attorney. What would be the best advice for someone at this point? What would be the charge for lighting a toilet paper roll on fire in a bathroom, when there was very little damage done. The idea that the arson investigators are on this is somewhat scary, but to me it seems like the charge would be little more than vandalism.

FlyingRon

The best advice is for everybody to keep their trap shut until they are represented by an attorney and to seek an attorney immediately.

seniorjudge

Someone was recently, drunk and on drugs and lit a roll of toilet paper on fire in a bar bathroom, The bar camera saw someone and his friend go into the bathroom, and then a third person entered.

The friend is known at the bar and the police are looking for him, for questioning probably? Someone doesn't want to let his friend go to jail over something so stupid and is thinking of talking to the police so his friend doesn't have to go to jail or have the police mess with him even for questioning.

The problem is, its friday night and someone couldn't talk to an attorney until monday, someone doesn't think the friend would be willing so say, "I don't know who it was" because they have moved this from a regular detective to an arson investigator and he is fearing jail.

So, does someone talk to the police now and say I know friend didn't do it, I'm willing to talk on monday with an attorney. What would be the best advice for someone at this point? What would be the charge for lighting a toilet paper roll on fire in a bathroom, when there was very little damage done. The idea that the arson investigators are on this is somewhat scary, but to me it seems like the charge would be little more than vandalism.
Why do you refer to yourself in the third person?

acmb05

Are you crazy? What would have happened had the stall caught fire? This could have spread rather quickly and caused serious injury if not death to some people.

Of course the Arson squad is going to be on it. If the "friend" lies to the investigator then he could also face charges of obstructing justice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">