• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

The police refused to entertain my complaint!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jtomar

My son was stalked by two carloads of kids on my own property. They chased him down in his car, hit his car, refused to leave when adults arrived at the scene and he struck one of the vehicles in self defense. Because one of the kids father was a cop....the police refused to take our complaint of trespass, harassment, hitting a vehicle, endangering a family, etc. My son obviously due to the collusion of the police force got in trouble. I never knew cops could refuse to take a complaint. I thought they take the complaints of both sides and then there is a search for the truth. I am not worried because the truth will come out in court. How common is this??? It does make me very afraid though in general.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Happens more often than you know. Ever heard of the RAMPART POLICE SCANDAL??????????

Truth will come out in court, but make sure you get a good criminal defense attorney.

J

jtomar

Rampart Police

Lawrat, no I have not heard of the Rampart Police scandal...do tell...I am terrified to hear what it is though/ Thanks!

JETX

Don't get mislead.... the Rampart Police story has nothing to do with the issue you brought forth (selective enforcement). The Rampart Police scandal was some overzealous police who decided to create evidence to support arresting who the 'felt' were criminals. Most of the arrested were in fact gang-bangers and druggies.... just not at the time of their arrest.

In your case, if you feel that your complaints are not being handled properly, you have several available options:
1) You can talk to the officers supervisor or Chief. Let them know about your original complaint and later 'selective enforcement' by his officers.
2) You can call the next higher jurisdiction. If your complaint is the local PD, contact the Sheriff. If the Sheriff, contact the State Police. Each of these agencies has jurisdiction in your matter.
3) Contact your local government officials. Virtually all Police Chiefs are answerable to the local authorities (Mayor, Judge, etc.).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">