• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pay Differance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

countryboy

I live and work in TN. I work in a position that I have held for the last 6 years. The position has additional duties from my previous position. In my previous position there was approximately 150 hrs. of overtime per year. When I accepted the current position, I inquired if my hourly pay could be adjusted to include the overtime from my previous position. I was told no, that they could not do that. Since then, in fact, approximately 2 years ago it has been brought to my attention that other persons have assumed the same base duties that I have and their pay has been adjusted to include the extra pay.

My Question is, can my employer do that without having to compensate everyone in that department? Would I be due the back pay from when I started that position, or would I only be due from the point two years ago, when this started?

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">