• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Michigan license suspension for OWI in Windsor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ahf318

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I have read and been told that my pending OWI in Windsor, Ontario will result in my Michigan drivers license being suspended for one year. Which agency or office suspends my license here and does Michigan allow you to drive too and from work? Also, this may not be the right board to post this question on, but does the OWI count as a felony on my record in the states?What is the name of your state?

FlyingRon

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I have read and been told that my pending OWI in Windsor, Ontario will result in my Michigan drivers license being suspended for one year. Which agency or office suspends my license here and does Michigan allow you to drive too and from work? Also, this may not be the right board to post this question on, but does the OWI count as a felony on my record in the states?What is the name of your state?
The Ontario DUI can be done as an indictment (equiv. to a US felony) or as a summary offense (equiv. to a misdemeanor). Felonies or things that would be felonies in the US that are committed abroad are not considered as felony convictions as far as the federal law is concerned. I don't know how Michigan handles it.

There is an administrative reciprocity on drivers records between Canada and Michigan. You will get your license suspended.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">