• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Electric Company mistake. . . my problem?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tj2001

We moved into a newly developed subdivision in 2/00. In October, an investigator from the local power company informed me that my bills have been estimated due to an address database error on their part. According to the investigator, they can only recoup five of the eight months, and I would receive a bill for five of the eight months of usage. I do not disagree that my bills have been low, however I do not agree on the amount that I owe them. I have asked them for documentation proving that I used what they say I have when they say I have, and they have not been able to come up with it. Merely their estimation. I believe they are trying to overcharge me, which would allow them to recoup all eight months of their loss. I have gathered electric bills from neighbors to do some comparisons, and support my argument. Where do I go from here?

D

djdj

UH are you smart? lets see...... do you know how to read the dials on an electric meter and figure out the KWH you used times the cost per KWH equals YOUR BILL..

You should have been doing this all along since YOU knew something was up in OCTOBER...DUH!....then you would know exactly to the DOLLAR what your bills should be.

This is something they dont teach you in College!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

djdj said:
UH are you smart? lets see...... do you know how to read the dials on an electric meter and figure out the KWH you used times the cost per KWH equals YOUR BILL..

You should have been doing this all along since YOU knew something was up in OCTOBER...DUH!....then you would know exactly to the DOLLAR what your bills should be.

This is something they dont teach you in College!

My comment:

This IS Peter. Peter from New York. Peter the DJ. The above response is typical "Peter".

Just remember our deal, Peter.

IAAL

T

Traceyelisabeth

I would agree with DJDJ's advice but would do so in a much nicer way. Read the meter and do the math. I recently had my gas bill double in one month. I called and the meter reader had read the meter incorrectly. That might be the problem. If the bill is legitimate, you might ask if you can pay a small amount each month over the next year. Remember when dealing with all utilities, be sweet as pie to the person on the phone and they will be alot more understanding than if your confrontational.

As for DJDJ's rude behavior, all I can say is that if he were in your shoes, we all know how the utility company would handle his bill. KILL THE POWER!

It's too bad that there are so many people on this website that feel they need to show us that they are superior to the rest of us, laymen. The secret is that they are really inferior and this is how they fill that hole. It certainly discourages those who are in need of help and defeats the purpose of this website.

C

capsfan13

DJDJ = no value added

djdj,

I'm sure you're really a very nice person inside, but you have the netiquette of sawdust. Do you feel that an honest plea for help and advice invites you to act like a total child when showing others how so very superior you are, just because you know the answer? In case you're thinking "yes," the answer is, simply, "no." If you don't have anything nice to say, then no one wants hear your advice. Have a nice day.

btw, I THINK your CAPS lock is STUCK! This gives the reader the impression that you write as if you have Tourette's Syndrome. Oh, I see; perhaps typing like this is also something you don't learn in college.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">