• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Leading to an actual arrest?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dguy

What is the name of your state? WA state.

Hello,

I wonder if there's a way to lead to an arrest. I've filed a report w/ the police about someone 's failure to return my property (should be called as larceny ?). Therefore, this should be a criminal matter now.

Now, will the authority act on it if they can? By acting I mean making an arrest if an opportunity presented. I read some information on this site about 'Criminal Law - Arrests And Searches' and it says the police can arrest even without a warrant. I know it's too hard to get a warrant, so I don't think there'd be a warrant.

The damage from the crime is under $3k. Is this consider a petit crime? The officer who took my statement already told me that the police won't act (investigate & arrest), but the officer had also declined to make a report when I first talked with him earlier in the month.

Any comment and answer is appriciate.

Dguy.

Last edited:

Dguy

The reason I started this post is because I'm looking for answers in this specific area (Arrests, Searches, Warrants) while my original post is in Small Claims Court. Although it's the same (continue) event, I was thinking I would get better respond in this section. Also, I've read a post in SCC section that one forum member dig up a post which was a while inactive. There was a recommendation saying that he should start a new post.

In any case, I'll post updated questions to my original post. If anyone could share his/her insight, please post them for me.

Thank you in advance,
Dguy.

Last edited:

Dguy

Well, posting at another thread doesn't return anything...yet. so, I'll try posting here too.

Do the police have any obligation for arresting? Do I have any rights to legally request an arrest? Is there anything I can legally do to have the police make an arrest?

Thank you,
Dguy

Dguy

Thank you for the answers. That really clears things up and help me decide on what to do. I'm sorry if any of you don't like the way I acted & posted, but I really need some answer and didn't know much.

Dguy

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">