• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2nd degree assault

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

debipa

What is the name of your state? Maryland

My son is 18. Was out with friends and they shot out of car window with a pellet gun and hit some one and was picked up and charged with 2nd degree assault. He has never been in trouble before and I'm trying to see if he should get a lawyer.

Please help,

And I want to let everyone know how stupid this was on his part. He and his friends could have easily hurt someone badly. Thank god they didn't. I don't think he will ever do anything like this again but the damage is done.

Thanks,

Last edited:

Bretagne

Better get an attorney. In my state, 2nd degree assault is a very serious felony. Your son is now an adult; if he was 18 at the time, then he was charged as an adult. It would be a shame for him to become a convicted felon at this point in his life...good luck getting a job, renting an apartment, etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">