• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

should i fight this???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xomiex

What is the name of your state? California

Here's my situation. .. On Friday early morning April 27th, i recieved a dui. I was coming home from Monterey, Ca and my tire popped on highway one, near the Fort ord Exit. I swerved off the road but was able to regain control of my vehicle and proceeded to get off at the Fort ord exit and drove another mile or so (with a popped tire) to the CSUMB Dorms, where one of my friends lives. I went into his dorm and was there for about 15-20 minutes. He had a bottle there and i took a couple of shots while we were going over a song that we did together. I then told him to take me home. When i went outside, 2-3 cops were surrounding my car. Supposedly, an undercover cop saw me 'crash' on the freeway (he must have seen me swerve off the road when my tire popped). he followed me to the dorms and said i was swerving all over the place (one of my tires was popped, which would explain why i was swerving, its hard as hell to drive straight with a popped tire). So as i was walking out of the dorm with my friend and headed to his car, the cops approached me, the supposed undercover cop said i was the guy driving, and the cops proceeded to arrest me for dui. I plan on fighting this case, i would just like to know what you think about it. My friend witnessed me drink in his dorm, thus the police can't prove i was legally drunk when driving.. I appreciate any advice, thank you

tranquility

Classic. I think there is a joke with this as the punch line. If true, sure you should fight it. You'll need an attorney and a very sincere face. The police will also find out where you were coming from and try to determine if you were drinking there. (I hope you didn't use a credit card at TGIF.)

BigMistakeFl

BigMistakeFl

You will need to hire a good DUI lawyer, and be able to prove the elapsed time, etc. Swerving due to blown tire could work, but impaired judgment could be cited for choosing to drive on a flat. It's bad for your rim and for the road.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">