• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

on trial DUI wish to move other state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

princemike

What is the name of your state? Florida I am on trail for DUi and other lesser charges and wish to move from Florida to Mississippi. Can I my have my case moved from one state to another. The move would be for Buisness reasons, is that a possible justification for moving the trial?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

racer72

What is the name of your state? Florida I am on trail for DUi and other lesser charges and wish to move from Florida to Mississippi. Can I my have my case moved from one state to another. The move would be for Buisness reasons, is that a possible justification for moving the trial?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
No. Mississippi courts have no jurisdiction over what you did in Florida. You will be tried and will have to serve any sentence in Florida.

BigMistakeFl

BigMistakeFl

True above, the trial has to take place in Florida (if it goes that far). It is possible, with court approval and a nod from your probation officer, to move some of the penalties to another state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">