• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Brother's 3rd DUI

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MrsMoe

What is the name of your state? Florida

What is the name of your state? Florida

My brother, with whom I am currently in a serious legal battle with over my father's estate including a partition suit, was arrested for Crack Cocaine, and several months prior to sentencing, he was also arrested for DUI. He refused his breath test. On his crack charge he was given 1 year, but for his DUI he is awaiting trial. His trail for this comes up shortly as it has been pushed off serveral times. He is pleading not guilty and was a no show to one of his hearings.

This will be his 3rd DUI I *think,* however the only records I can find are 2, massive arrests for drugs and robbery asside. His first was arrest was in 07/21/1984, DUI w/manslaughter (he ran over a woman and killed her.) He was sentced to 3 years, he served on 7 months.

He has other arrests including crack cocaine, heroine, "DRIV W/LIC S/R/C/D FELONY," "DRIV.W/O LIC.INJ/DEATH," and well, it's so long., like pages and pages, I don't even want to get into it.

How long will he get sentences for this DUI roughly?

Will the judge in Sarasota County know about his DUI's and criminal records in Pinellis County and Charlotte County?

Curious as trying to sell the house we inherited prior to his release... would be nice to know what time frame we are talking about.

FlyingRon

How long will he get sentences for this DUI roughly?
Your guess is as good as mine
Will the judge in Sarasota County know about his DUI's and criminal records in Pinellis County and Charlotte County?
Almost certainly. They report will have no problem finding anything from the state of Florida, some out of state stuff from years back might be missed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">