• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ad Leteum Attorney For Other Heir of Estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MrsMoe

What is the name of your state? Florida

I am filing for a partition suit on my father's house which was the only thing in his estate when he passed away. Originally this was because my brother had refused to sell and was casuing severe property damage. Now however, he was arrested or so I was told by his ex girlfriend. I do know he hasn't lived in the house since Fall of 06. My attorney was unable to locate him in the prison system after a lengthy search, so he ran a classified ad and filed the proper paperwork, and the court appointed an Ad Litem Attorney to represent his heirs.

Now this Ad Litem attorney is doing his own search from what I gather which is why I am being forced to wait for the partition suit to be mediated.

Now what? I don't know my brother, in fact he is a stranger to me as I was adopted long after he moved out and he is not my biological sibling. I heard he had 2 kids, but beats me who they are. What happens if they are not located? Does the State get his share? Do I?

Trying to pin down my attorney to answer these questions, but I have not heard a response as of yet.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">