• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI, Fleeing an Officer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

snowcapn

:confused: What is the name of your state? MN
Recentl charged with DUI and felony fleeing an officer. I was wondering what the average sentence was. Fines and jail time for sure. I know what the maximums are and it is my first driving offens ever. Any input would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

FlyingRon

:confused: What is the name of your state? MN
Recentl charged with DUI and felony fleeing an officer. I was wondering what the average sentence was. Fines and jail time for sure. I know what the maximums are and it is my first driving offens ever. Any input would be very much appreciated. Thank you.
The DUI can be up to 90 days and $1000 fine for the first offense. Had you not fled, you probably would have gotten off with a modest fine and community service for that. Your license will be suspended for 30-90 days. You will have to pay for a presentence investigation as well.

Fleeing a police officer is a serious thing. It's not a "driving offense" at all. You can get up to three years for it and a fine of $5000 or both. In addition, there are signficant implications to a felony conviction. You don't want this.

You need a lawyer big time. One that specializes in DUI / Fleeing cases (that's not an uncommon combination of specialties).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">