• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

gender discrimination and harasment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

RebeccaSolGalilea

I am a transgender person (mtf)I live in illinois, I work in a night club as well as go to school. The night club used to be a franchise and was recently taken over by the corporporation that they franchised it from. With the previous owners and managers I had no problems. The new The new manager and and the new GM have taken the jokes about my condition very far. They have become cruel and demining. I left work last night in tears. I tried being a good sport about it, since its a really different atmosfere than a regular 9to 5 job. Yesterday I made it clear as much as I could that they were crossing the line and they continued for the last fifteen minutes and the manager laughed and kept at it while the gm did nothing. They have a number to call in case of sexual harasment but I am not sure if it qualifies. I am very confused and upset and have no idea what to do, any info or advice would be greatly appreciated!
God bless you
Rebecca

[Edited by RebeccaSolGalilea on 01-16-2001 at 12:04 AM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">