• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Just Don't Know

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ewmygt

Hi, My name is Andrea and I'll try to make as much sense as possible. My Mom pasted away this last October to make this short No Will, Living Trust found her Life insurance Policy by accident, which don't get me wrong this lady was the most organized person you'll ever meet. Beside the point. She got a reverse morgage on the house in 1993, I want to get a loan and payoff the Morgage Company I've lived in this house for 38 years. I have 1 older brother who is not going to fight me about this my parents bought and paid for his house. My question is does a house enter probate automatically and if so is there a certin time frame that if no one contest it will it drop off, for my cituration do I need a Probate Lawyer? My state is California

Last edited:

tecate

The Ball is in your Court

The California probate process is not automatic. It is up to you to take the next step to clear title to the realty. This isn't easy, but it can be done without an attorney. Look for reading material on the web, in your local law library or in your local bookstore.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">