• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question of warrants and travel...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

split.

What is the name of your state? Colorado
Hi, I have a warrant out for my arrest in the state of colorado, which I garnered myself by not going to court for my second DUI within the past 5 years... (I know, I sound like a wonderful individual, don't I?)
I have my reasons for not going, which are irrelevant to my question.
I have a family reunion out in Washington state in a couple weeks and I'm curious to know; if my identification was to be checked while I'm out there... Will the warrant show?

Thanks.

LoganF

I don't know Washington states laws or Colorado's but I'm almost positive a second DUI within 5 years equals a felony, hell the first one is probably a felony too.

Well anyways, mostly any state will arrest on a felony warrant, only certain ones will arrest on a misdemeanor warrant (not many states at all will do this). I think the question is if you're arrested, will you be extradited.

You can get arrested on a warrant from anywhere, in anywhere.

I hope I'm right on this. If I'm not someone correct me.

Just Blue

I'm positive that neither of my DUI's were felony's.
But your "Failure to Appear" was! So the answer to your question is :Yes, if you are stopped, the warrant will show. You will then be arrested and kept in jail until either the police from the jurisdiction that the warrant is out of shows up or says they are not gonna pick you up. Expect this to happen each and every time you are stopped by the police. Your best bet is to take care of business!

seven53

But your "Failure to Appear" was! So the answer to your question is :Yes, if you are stopped, the warrant will show. You will then be arrested and kept in jail until either the police from the jurisdiction that the warrant is out of shows up or says they are not gonna pick you up. Expect this to happen each and every time you are stopped by the police. Your best bet is to take care of business!
I'm curious....
If the DUI is a misdemeanor, why would the FTA be a felony? The warrant would be for FTA on a misdemeanor charge, thus it would remain a misdemeanor.

If you have contact with the police and they check you for wants/warrants, it will show up. It will state in the listing if full extradition is wanted. For a misdemeanor warrant, my guess is the issuing agency will only pick you up if you are stopped in their county, adjacent county, or within 100 miles of them. The agency that stops you will know within 10 minutes or so if the issuing agency will pick you up. You WILL NOT be arrested and taken to jail and held until the issuing agency decides if they will pick you up or not. Doesn't work that way. We don't have the time to babysit (or probably the room)a "possible" warrant pick up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">