• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fake Drivers License

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kat308

What is the name of your state? NY

A friend of mine has an employee that was stopped for speeding in NJ. He was doing 78 in a 50 speed limit. When he was stopped, he presented a fake license. He was arrested and is now in jail. He has court on Monday. He cannot post bail since it is $7000. Is there a way that his empoyee can get bail lowered? Also, what would be the worst that will happen to him? I am not sure if he is in the US legally or not.

FlyingRon

What is the name of your state? NY

A friend of mine has an employee that was stopped for speeding in NJ. He was doing 78 in a 50 speed limit. When he was stopped, he presented a fake license. He was arrested and is now in jail. He has court on Monday. He cannot post bail since it is $7000. Is there a way that his empoyee can get bail lowered? Also, what would be the worst that will happen to him? I am not sure if he is in the US legally or not.
Speeding is minor, but doing 78 probably can get him hit with reckless (up to 60 days in jail). Driving without a license is just a fine. Showing false ID to the cop is a third degree crime (felony) and can be up to five years. If he's not legally in the US, he is in a world of hurt. He needs a lawyer. They can try to get the bail lowered, but frankly, I'd tend to doubt it in this case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">