• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drivers License?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

baseball10

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I don't know if this is the right forum to post in but, I had my license suspended effective 4/12/07 for a period of six months (2 months fully suspended, 4 months restricted license). This would mean I could get my license back on 10/12/07. My "hearing" isn't scheduled until 11/19/07, so does this mean I can't get my license back until 11/19/07??? That would make seven months and one week with my license being suspended. Does anyone know how this works, and if I can't get my license back until my hearing, is there anyway I can move it fowards? I need my license back REALLY bad becuase I have two grandmothers who are very sick, so as soon as I'm valid to get it back, I need it. Thanks everyone.

acmb05

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I don't know if this is the right forum to post in but, I had my license suspended effective 4/12/07 for a period of six months (2 months fully suspended, 4 months restricted license). This would mean I could get my license back on 10/12/07. My "hearing" isn't scheduled until 11/19/07, so does this mean I can't get my license back until 11/19/07??? That would make seven months and one week with my license being suspended. Does anyone know how this works, and if I can't get my license back until my hearing, is there anyway I can move it fowards? I need my license back REALLY bad becuase I have two grandmothers who are very sick, so as soon as I'm valid to get it back, I need it. Thanks everyone.
No this means you can get your license back on 06/12/2007 Only it will be a restricted license. This will enable you to probably drive to work and to do essential tasks.

What was your license suspended for? This will explain the hearing.

FlyingRon

No this means you can get your license back on 06/12/2007 Only it will be a restricted license. This will enable you to probably drive to work and to do essential tasks.
No, the suspension is the length of the full license. There are additional hoops you have to go through (especially for DUI suspensions) that means that it might take longer to get the reinstatement. Dem's the breaks.

The restricted license is issued by the court, and it's at their discretion as to when you are eligible (can be anywhere from immediately to some amount of time after the suspension starts).

baseball10

Well I had it taken away for underage possession of alcohol. It was at a party and I wasn't driving, but either way, they take licenses now in my county. I know that I can "apply" for a restricted license as of 6/12/07, which would mean that as of 10/12/07 my sixth months of suspended/restricted license would be up. I'm just concerned that since I have to go back on court on 11/19/07, I won't be able to get my license back until that point, which would mean I'd be on restricted license for an additional month than the punishment of 6 months that is documented within all of my papers that I received.

FlyingRon

Well I had it taken away for underage possession of alcohol. It was at a party and I wasn't driving, but either way, they take licenses now in my county. I know that I can "apply" for a restricted license as of 6/12/07, which would mean that as of 10/12/07 my sixth months of suspended/restricted license would be up. I'm just concerned that since I have to go back on court on 11/19/07, I won't be able to get my license back until that point, which would mean I'd be on restricted license for an additional month than the punishment of 6 months that is documented within all of my papers that I received.
That's the breaks. 6 months is the term of suspension but you have additional conditions (I don't know exactly how the juvi and domestic relations court handles this, but I assume you also needed to do both driver school and some sort of ASAP-like thing). Life's rough. Stop breaking the law if you can't do the time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">