• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trespassing?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

osade

This happened in Indiana.

I'm very confused as who has the right to do what in this video showing and incident in Indiana where a health inspector trespasses on private property while law enforcement officer looks on.

Was this legal? It appears the woman ignored one of the most important constitutional rights of the country.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vVACCaVxYEk

Has anyone seen this on news or any other media yet?

Just Blue

This happened in Indiana.

I'm very confused as who has the right to do what in this video showing and incident in Indiana where a health inspector trespasses on private property while law enforcement officer looks on.

Was this legal? It appears the woman ignored one of the most important constitutional rights of the country.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vVACCaVxYEk

Has anyone seen this on news or any other media yet?
She was doing her job...She did nothing wrong. A Health Inspector has the right to come on to your property to investigate.

CdwJava

If the woman has an exigency that permits her to enter without a warrant, then she can certainly enter the property. Without knowing her cause no one here can say whether she had cause or not. If it is in the course of her employment, and there is good cause to believe there is a health problem, then yes, she can come on the property.

One alternative would be to have secured the property and removed the property owner until a warrant could be obtained. The recorder might well have that happen to him next time.

Just from what little I saw of the property, there may well be some concerns for health and safety - perhaps fire issues as well.

If he thinks he has a case, great - talk to an attorney. Given the lack of damages, I doubt an attorney will do much with it, but he is always free to try. And if he has the funds, he can always pay an attorney to file motions and lawsuits against whomever he pleases.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">