• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

workers comp medical

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hurt hand

i am in louisiana and i work constrution. i am a instrument fitter helper. i hit my hand at work. i was brought to the doctor and he determined that i had a cartlidge tumor and when i hit it, it was aggravated and brought to the top of my hand. i never knew i had this before and there were no signs of it. my hand worked perfect. the doctor scheduled surgery but the workers comp. adjuster denied it for the reason that it was pre-existing. yes it was but i never knew i had it and i was never treated for it. and the doctor said it was aggravated and found out by hitting my hand at work. i need to know, is the surgery to be covered by workers comp? i really am in alot of pain and i can't use my fingers or hand due to the doctor putting my in a cast until i was to have the surgery that was jan 25, but not put off until ??????

[Edited by hurt hand on 01-15-2001 at 10:12 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">