• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Daughter upholding mothers wishes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

confusedxyz

What is the name of your state? MD
My mother has end stage congestive heart failure with liver issues. She is currently in the hospital and her physician agrees that she is in very poor health and may surcome to the disease within 3-6 months. I have one sibling that has been absent during her illness, and for years before that, so my mom recently changed her will, writing her out of it. Her attorney informed us that she has to change her beneficiaries on her pension, stocks, etc. before she was truley written out. He has been her attorney for a very long time, and has notes from previous meetings regarding her complaints about my sister. In addition, I have her journals that also state her feeling regarding her absence from my mom's life. My question is, now my mother definitely is confused (the doctors say she does not have dementia or delerium, but to me she appears that she does), and I want to see that her wishes are carried out, but I also do not feel that she is fully competant to change her beneficiaries now. My mom is my best friend, I want to do what is right, please advise. With her liver problems (amonia levels can cause confusion) I don't expect her condition to improve that much. She has good days and bad days. Should I try and wait for a good day? Should I just leave it alone (it is not my fault she waited so long to make changes). Things are so difficult right now caring for her, I feel so overwhelmed. Thank you for any advise.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">