• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who gets the interest?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

miatagirl

What is the name of your state? Wa
HI My question is this. 4 siblings share in the net proceeds of an CD that was from the sale of some land. 2 years has now passed. Does everyone 8 in all share in the interest accrued from these cd's or just the 4 it was intended to go to? Thanks

JETX

HI My question is this. 4 siblings share in the net proceeds of an CD that was from the sale of some land. 2 years has now passed. Does everyone 8 in all share in the interest accrued from these cd's or just the 4 it was intended to go to?
Based on the EXTREME lack of information... send all the money to me and I will disburse as appropriate. :D

miatagirl

who gets the interest part 2

Sorry for the lack of info. That was my first post and I was trying to keep things simple. Father passed away 21/2 years ago. Sold property was to be divided to 2 brothers getting undivided one sixth interest in the net proceeds of the sale and the other two thirds divided one third each to my other brother and I. Now two years has passed. The CD earned quite a bit of interest during this time. Is this interest to be divided among the 4 of us or do the others in the will claim a portion of it because it will now be residue?Does this make sense in my question now or do you need further info. Thanks

JETX

Is this interest to be divided among the 4 of us or do the others in the will claim a portion of it because it will now be residue?
If I understand your post... the full CURRENT CD value (including current accrued interest) is to be disbursed in the percentages stipulated in the will. The fact that interest has accrued since probate to now... does NOT alter the distribution.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">