• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Labor Law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

Wayne Denmark

My son is a young-adult non-exempt employee. Point#1: While working for owner/manager, he was required to present for work 1.25 hours early for set-up (off the clock) and to clock-out during work lulls; though, many times the owner would direct duties during the "clock-out" period. Point#2: Workers tips are maintained in a central (shared) collection point that is controlled and managed by the business owner who states that, "you work for minimum wage and tips are a benefit" and denies tips to the workers who earned the them. Point#3: This employer routinely refers to black employees using the "N" word (not in their presence) around the white employees. Questions: Is there no legal recourse for addressing these issues with a labor board or other entity. Or, assuming I have presented the truth, does this not warrant legal action on my son's part. Any advice with legal reference is greatly appreciated...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">