• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Juvenille Warrant from Florda

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LoganF

What is the name of your state? Florida

Well here's the story, I actually live in Massachusetts and I found out about a week ago that I've had a warrant out for my arrest in Florida for the past three years. There was an incident in Florida when I lived there where I was with someone who had broken a streetlight, they had written a statement admitting to it and claiming responsibility for it all. Me being ignorant and just knowing my laws a little bit didn't answer any of the arresting police officers questions and refused to write a statement. I was then charged with Criminal Mischief (I assume that's what it was because that's what the warrant is for). It's a misdemeanor charge. I went to court once on this issue and then I moved up to Mass.

However, I found this out because I was going to join the Army and they had faxed down a police check form to Florida and it came back with an open case and an open warrant. I've been to court here in Massachusetts and nothing has ever been mentioned to me about it until a week ago.

My question is...

The warrant was issued in February 2004 it's now May 2007. Three years later. What should I do about this? I've seeked legal counsel in Florida and it's going to be a little bit to pricey for me to afford a lawyer, they also can't even seem ti find my warrant in the computer. I understand they don't have the same access as DHS and that of the police.

I just want some advice, would my best bet be to go down to Florida before I turn 18 and just surrender myself?

Thanks in advance for anyones feedback

P.S. I know I posted this in the Juvenille thread but I just realized this is more of a warrant question. Sorry if I was in the wrong one of them can be closed if I am.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">