• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unauthorized funds tranfer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

REH1552

I am a life long resident of the state of Arkansas.

A local bank in which I have been a long time customer removed funds from one of my checking accounts and placed the funds into a loan account that I also have with the bank. My wife nor myself authorized the transaction. I was not contacted by the bank prior to the transaction in any manner. I was not served or have not seem any type of court order authorizing the transaction. A debit memo was returned with my canceled checks. It has the first name of a bank teller and the initials of another bank employee. I went to the bank to inquire into the matter. The retail banker informed me that she did not see any reason for the transaction to be made in that manner, but she would have to request copies of everything and it would take a few days. I gave her my daytime number and she stated she would call me in a few days. The incident was more that two months ago. Was the transaction a legal one or do I have legal ground to sue?

D

djdj

UMMMMMM ya gotta lern somthin BOY u in the south.

When they say they will git bak to ya...THEY WONT cause they know they have a thief at the bank!

Thats how they do it there...so you have to go to the managers office and stand there till you get some answers...

And you should have held her to her word... 3 DAYS!

[Edited by djdj on 01-15-2001 at 08:40 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">