• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

3rd DUI

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bock10

What is the name of your state? Maryland

I was arrested last summer during senior week for DUI, and when I went to court it was reduced to a License Restriction. In March I was arrested for possession of marijuana and paraphernilia, and about a week later I got arrested for another DUI. This week I was arrested again, for DUI, driving while under the influence per se, driving on a suspended license, and speeding.

What do you think will happen to me?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? Maryland

I was arrested last summer during senior week for DUI, and when I went to court it was reduced to a License Restriction. In March I was arrested for possession of marijuana and paraphernilia, and about a week later I got arrested for another DUI. This week I was arrested again, for DUI, driving while under the influence per se, driving on a suspended license, and speeding.

What do you think will happen to me?
You will go to jail and when you get out will never be able to drive again...

Consider going to AA...Sounds like you have a problem!

Shay-Pari'e

What will happen to you?

You will kill someone else, and, or yourself. You need help. Hopefully you will get major jail time, so that we are safe from you.

Wasn't going through one enough? Definitely some mandatory jail time and hefty fines. I'd also imagine court ordered counseling.

Just Blue

I wanted some legitimate legal answers, not this
If you want Statute specific punishments, then you need to tell us what Statute you are being charged under...You asked a rather vague question, and you got rather vague answers...:rolleyes:

XNavyLT

he wants to know what will happen to him...

1. You will appear in court, and if you're lucky you will be given a sweetheart of a deal, which will include jail time, lets say 1 year, your lic will be susp for prob 5 years, you will be fined probably $25000.00, have court ordered alcohol treatment, and maybe 10 years probation.

2. You will probably NOT learn a damn thing after all that, and drive on your susp lic, while drunk, and on probation, and will be sentenced to the MAX this time, which will be a minimum mandatory 10 years (just making that up....).

Thank goodness you were caught before you killed someone. You are an extremely arrogant person, who deserves a TOUGH sentence. I'm glad you have diligent cops in your town!

Just Blue

Interesting that our drunkard friend was so pissy about not getting the right kind of answer, yet s/he has signed off without EVER suppling the statutes.....

Well...Perhaps s/he had to go to the packie and get some Budlite...it stinks when you run out of "staples"...bread, milk, eggs...beer...:rolleyes:

CourtClerk

Now, I work in the courthouse where Paris Hilton received her sentence on Friday for her probation violation.... I could see if we could let Maryland borrow our judge especially for your case...he's tough on people who make a choice to disregard the law. But in your case...this is what I found on jail time:

Most likely will get jail time, amount will vary depending on the judge and the county. On a third DUI conviction in five years there is a ten day mandatory minimum.

Maximum penalty 3 years

Now for my personal opinion...I personally hope you get the maximum penalty (and it was much longer than 3 years) because you obviously have a serious disregard for your life and the lives of all the others you put in danger. You're going to kill someone one day, then you'll be on the news crying and snotting yelling "I'm sorry, I didn't know...."

XNavyLT

I hear that judge (Hilton) got a standing 'O' when he went to church this past Sunday.
Good for him! I bet 95% of this country loves that guy!

bock10

The first one is just a license restriction now, so technically its only 2 DUIs, and the possession will most likely be dropped. I was just wondering what, if any, jail time I was looking at. I thought this was a forum where people posted questions and lawyers answered them, my mistake.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">