• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warrant for arrest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Michele_30

Warrent for My arrest

I believe there is a warrant for my arrest for not finishing paying mine fines from a misdameanor. I have every intention of paying these but i cannot until the first of next month when my taxes are filed rapid refund. I have worked very little this year and have barely been able to support my kids, I am deathly afraid of going to jail! The police already knocked on my door once and i did not answer. I am from Indiana.

[Edited by Michele_30 on 01-15-2001 at 08:36 PM]

R

redandwild69

I Can Help!

The most important thing we need to remember is that the longer the police do not hear from you the more they are going to want to find you. A warrent is issued when court fines are not paid so I imagine you have one. Since it was just a misdamenor crime and as long as that was taken care of and you just need to pay your fines you should be fine until you can get them paid off. Be very careful and do not put yourself in a position were your name could be run by the police. Call the court clerk who is in charge of the fines and let them know your situation they can set you up with a payment plan so you are atleast paying something every month. They do it by what you can afford and it is more important to give them something so you don't lose your kids over a petty incondent. Do something right away or you will regret it I have friends who have been in your same situation and they wished they could have thought of what I have told you before it got worse for them. It will be ok!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">