• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

minor in possession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jaked25

Washington

So here is the deal: I was a at a party and the police came. I am 18 years old. Upon getting a search warrant, they entered the house and asked those who had anything to drink to sit down and those who didn't to talk to the officer. I remained seated. They started handing out mip's left in right. When it was my turn to talk to the police, he asked me if i had anything to drink and i did say a little. I demanded to teake a breathilizer and blew a .005. I belive this is within the margin of error of a breathilizer. (Even if your are a minor, a blood alcohol content of less than .02 will get you out of it. Keep in mind I had a .005. I am pretty sure that since i said i did have something to drink and there is a zero tolerance law, i incriminated myself. I am wondering if it is worth it to plead not guilty and try to get a lawyer or should I just take the diversion ( I have a clean record). I feel like with the .005 bac i could say there was a margin of error but i may have screwed myself by saying i did have something to drink, though never specifing that it was alcohol. I would appreciate some advice on how I should go about dealing with this and if I have a chance of beating this mip. Thank you very much

racer72

You were charge with minor in possession, not consumption. The breathylizer reading is irrelevant. Take the diversion if offered.

FlyingRon

You were charge with minor in possession, not consumption. The breathylizer reading is irrelevant. Take the diversion if offered.
Besides, he admitted drinking. Diversion is possible and a good idea. The next sucking sound will be your license going away.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">