• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Charged with computer fraud and possesion in AZ

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AZRich

Several months ago I was arrested and had my home and business searched. My laptop computer and a vial of cocaine were seized.

This stemmed from my posting pictures of an ex girlfriend on a website. The pictures were sexual and the ex filed charges after we broke up.

I have a court date coming up and am not sure how to proceed.

The pics and posting were consentual...the police went right to a small box in my closet and pulled out the drugs. They searched nothing else, just went right to that spot. Apparently the ex not only left the vial there, but told them exactly where to look for it.

Not able to afford an attorney, and a single father with a young son I am raising, I am in need of some advice.

Thank you.

FlyingRon

You need an attorney. If you really are indigent, get a public defender. However, I'd suggest if you care about your son not being taken away you will get a lawyer even if you have to sell what you have or borrow to pay for one.

The drug charge is by default a felony, it may be reduced to a misdemeanor (you need a lawyer to argue that).

The other charge, is potentially suspect, as is the search, but only a lawyer can help you there. If you care about your son, don't mess around with this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">