• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Public Intoxication - VA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FutureinConcern

What is the name of your state?
Virginia

In richmond 05/05/07 early saturday morning I recieved a Public Intoxication and spent the night in a holding cell. The following monday 05/08/07 i had court and asked for a public defender. I was denied under the fact that a public intoxixation charge leads to no possible result of jail time. I plead No Contest and becuase I could not afford a lawyer I represented myself. I was under the assumption I would at leat be able to explain myself and plea for some type of community service, but as soon as I plead no contest, the judge found me guilty and gave me the minimum fine.

I am 22 years old, going on 23 in a month, and previous to this I had a DWI when I was 16 and it was expunged from my record.

I am concerned about what my future holds for applying to jobs and graduate schools and I am wondering if there is anyway I can still appeal and plea to get this off my permanent record.

Thank you for your help and advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">