• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

denied employment for 1st offense dwAI?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dmm1104

What is the name of your state? NY

I was denied employment because I was asked on my application if I had any moving violations in the last 3 years. I answered yes, but after doing some research, it looks as if a first offense is a traffic infraction not a moving violation. When the HR person called they said I could not be hired because of my mvr, but now I am wondering if there is a difference in a traffic infraction and a moving violation? Did I just hang myself?

If it is a moving violation how long can it be held against me for employment? This particular job involves driving, but NOT a company vehicle, it is my car I would be using!

FlyingRon

There are a few things you can't be denied employment for (race, religion, sex,...) but that's about it. I can deny hiring you for a parking ticket or that I don't like your shoes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">