• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Don't know where to begin

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T-e-G

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

Father passed away two years ago, before he passed away he filed under chapter 13 bankruptcy. The advice I got from a lawyer at that time was to just pay the chapter 13 payments to keep the house. Well I've been doing that for 2 years, I currently live in that house. But the bankruptcy is due to be over in about a year. Also the escrow on my dads mortgage is behind. I am not listed on the deed or on the mortgage. My dad did not leave a will and I am his only benificiary and would like to keep the house. What do I need to do?

Dandy Don

If the mortgage payments are behind the home is eventually going to be lost unless you can find a way to resume making the payments and discuss this with the mortgage company.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">