• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI and backround checks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tootie2

What is the name of your state? CA

3 years ago I had just moved to NV and got a DUI. Right at the legal limit of .08 (thought I had waited long enough) I had my CA license at the time but before I went to court I switched my license to NV. CA doesnt acknowledge any DUI arrest until a conviction. When I was sentenced I had a NV license. My fine was $500, I had to take a 1 day class and carry and SR22 filing for 3 years. 2 years later I moved back to california. My lawyer said if I was lucky CA may never find out about the conviction in NV and before appling for a new license get a print out of my record and see. I did, it showed my CA license ACTIVE the whole time I had a NV license. NV never informed CA that I applied for a license in NV or that I had a DUI. I told the CA DMV that I lost my card and I was appling for a duplicate. They sent it no prob and the DUI never showed on my record in CA. I surrendered my NV license to NV DMV I told them I broke my arm and I didnt want to pay the insurance while I couldnt drive. Now heres the questions, on a backround check for employeement using my CADL # will that DUI show up? I'm a retail manager. Will I be able to say I never had a DUI conviction with comfort? Can I apply for CA driver insurance W/O fear of a higher premium? I know a DUI is common but when it happened Sears fired me due to it. I was honest and told my boss. I was the assistant Store Manager of 56 million door store. Hence my intrepidation. Any info would help. Thanks in advance. :)

BigMistakeFl

BigMistakeFl

One easy way to find out is to do a search on the internet for a background check. Pick which one gives arrest and driving records, and run it on yourself. It'll cost around $50 bucks and you'll get to see what's out there.

moburkes

What is the name of your state? CA

3 years ago I had just moved to NV and got a DUI. Right at the legal limit of .08 (thought I had waited long enough) I had my CA license at the time but before I went to court I switched my license to NV. CA doesnt acknowledge any DUI arrest until a conviction. When I was sentenced I had a NV license. My fine was $500, I had to take a 1 day class and carry and SR22 filing for 3 years. 2 years later I moved back to california. My lawyer said if I was lucky CA may never find out about the conviction in NV and before appling for a new license get a print out of my record and see. I did, it showed my CA license ACTIVE the whole time I had a NV license. NV never informed CA that I applied for a license in NV or that I had a DUI. I told the CA DMV that I lost my card and I was appling for a duplicate. They sent it no prob and the DUI never showed on my record in CA. I surrendered my NV license to NV DMV I told them I broke my arm and I didnt want to pay the insurance while I couldnt drive. Now heres the questions, on a backround check for employeement using my CADL # will that DUI show up? I'm a retail manager. Will I be able to say I never had a DUI conviction with comfort? Can I apply for CA driver insurance W/O fear of a higher premium? I know a DUI is common but when it happened Sears fired me due to it. I was honest and told my boss. I was the assistant Store Manager of 56 million door store. Hence my intrepidation. Any info would help. Thanks in advance. :)
Here is my help: No and No.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">