• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Public Intoxication- shorter version

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

daisygirl

What is the name of your state? TEXAS

I was arrested for public intoxication when I believe I wasn't Intoxicated above the legal limit. I was never given a field sobriety test, blood test, or breathlayzer, I actually requested one and was told NO? I admit I argued with the officer and I admit I was drinking ( but over a 5+hour period that included a full dinner and dancing) so maybe I smelt like alcohol. I'm very emotional and loud naturally. I know that I should have argued with the cop (lesson learned) but why did he arrest me and not my husband or his friends who had been drinking? It's not fair:mad: ! I pleading not guilty, so do I have a chance? Any advice? Was the officer right in arresting me and not the others? How do I prove that I wasn't drunk, when I was denied the breathayizer (I requested one because I new I wasn't drunk and I new I would need that proof later). Please..I would appreciate any advice or strategies.. Thanks so much. I go to court in 5 days.

seniorjudge

What is the name of your state? TEXAS

I was arrested for public intoxication when I believe I wasn't Intoxicated above the legal limit. I was never given a field sobriety test, blood test, or breathlayzer, I actually requested one and was told NO? I admit I argued with the officer and I admit I was drinking ( but over a 5+hour period that included a full dinner and dancing) so maybe I smelt like alcohol. I'm very emotional and loud naturally. I know that I should have argued with the cop (lesson learned) but why did he arrest me and not my husband or his friends who had been drinking? It's not fair:mad: ! I pleading not guilty, so do I have a chance? Any advice? Was the officer right in arresting me and not the others? How do I prove that I wasn't drunk, when I was denied the breathayizer (I requested one because I new I wasn't drunk and I new I would need that proof later). Please..I would appreciate any advice or strategies.. Thanks so much. I go to court in 5 days.
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=363174

double post

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">