• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arizona DUI expungement?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ranger48

What is the name of your state? Arizona

It's been about a year and a half since my DUI. It was in Arizona, but I currently live in California and will be moving to Colorado in July.

What is the law in Arizona for expungement or judgements being set aside? Do I need to get it expunged or set aside in AZ to help my insurance rates in other states? How does this affect insurance? Will they still be able to raise my rates after this? What is the best way to do it? Find a lawyer? Is there a way to do it yourself? Any good websites to find out more information? What about these online ads for companies that will do it with a flat fee?

Thanks for your help!

seniorjudge

Q: What is the law in Arizona for expungement or judgements being set aside?

A: Google is your friend.

Q: Do I need to get it expunged or set aside in AZ to help my insurance rates in other states?

A: I doubt that insurance carriers will be fooled by this but you can try.

Q: How does this affect insurance?

A: Ask your insurance carrier.

Q: Will they still be able to raise my rates after this?

A: Ask your insurance carrier.

Q: What is the best way to do it? Find a lawyer? Is there a way to do it yourself? Any good websites to find out more information? What about these online ads for companies that will do it with a flat fee?

A: Scams.

gawm

Arizona does not have an expungement law. Your conviction will stay on record with DPS until you are 99 years of age.

fairisfair

Arizona has no expungement provisions

AZ statute regarding setting aside:

13-907. Setting aside judgment of convicted person on discharge; making of application; release from disabilities; exceptions

A. Except as provided in subsection B of this section, every person convicted of a criminal offense may, upon fulfillment of the conditions of probation or sentence and discharge by the court, apply to the judge, justice of the peace or magistrate who pronounced sentence or imposed probation or such judge, justice of the peace or magistrate's successor in office to have the judgment of guilt set aside. The convicted person shall be informed of this right at the time of discharge. The application to set aside the judgment may be made by the convicted person or by the convicted person's attorney or probation officer authorized in writing. If the judge, justice of the peace or magistrate grants the application, the judge, justice of the peace or magistrate shall set aside the judgment of guilt, dismiss the accusations or information and order that the person be released from all penalties and disabilities resulting from the conviction other than those imposed by the department of transportation pursuant to section 28-3304, 28-3306, 28-3307 or 28-3308, except that the conviction may be used as a conviction if such conviction would be admissible had it not been set aside and may be pleaded and proved in any subsequent prosecution of such person by the state or any of its subdivisions for any offense or used by the department of transportation in enforcing the provisions of section 28-3304, 28-3306, 28-3307 or 28-3308 as if the judgment of guilt had not been set aside.

B. This section does not apply to a person convicted of a criminal offense:

1. Involving the infliction of serious physical injury.

2. Involving the use or exhibition of a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument.

3. In violation of chapter 14 of this title.

4. In which the victim is a minor under fifteen years of age.

5. In violation of section 28-3473, any local ordinance relating to stopping, standing or operation of a vehicle or title 28, chapter 3, except a violation of section 28-693 or any local ordinance relating to the same subject matter as section 28-693. return to Top

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">