• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mothers In Hiding

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mugglemama

What is the name of your state? Idaho

Nearly 15 years ago, I was forced into hiding with my child after exhausting every legal avenue I could find to obtain protection for her from her father who was sexually abusing her, without success. I returned willingly a little more than two years later, and within the year, obtained primary custody of my daughter, with her father ultimately only being allowed supervised visitation after another act of sexual abuse towards my daughter.

We went on with our lives, my ex gradually just exited the picture all together...does not call her, does not send her cards or gifts at holidays, does not call me to even ask about her. Our time in hiding is a part of our past, but not one that we have to deal with anymore, really.

I have always wanted to write a book about our experiences, and am partially finished with my first draft. I want to include information in a chapter concerning how we came to use certain names, etc.

My question is, if I do that, am I doing anything illegal? Is it legal for me to share bits of my story that involved fake names, etc., when others who are currently in hiding might be able to use the information to obtain or create their own false identities?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">