• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ordinance Violation not signed by Violator

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

axelbay

What is the name of your state? Missouri

I have a residential property in a Land Trust. The grass got high while I was organizing the plumber and electrician for the permits to work on the property.

I was at the house yesterday and the inspector came up to me asked if I was going to cut the grass and if I didn't the city would cut the grass for me. Then he left.

So I paid someone yesterday to cut the front so I wouldn't get a ticket.

Today I got in the mail (regular mail, not registered) a ticket (dated 2 days ago)for "Failure to cut High Grass" with a court date 3 months away (8-19-07). You'd think he would have mentioned that to me yesterday.

The court date is a sunday night (which seemed kinda odd).

First off, there is no way that they can verify I got the ticket. Secondly, I never signed the ticket stating that I will appear in court. Is this an enforcable ticket?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">