• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Using a fake ID - Need quick advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

marragtop

What is the name of your state? Md

What is the name of your state? Md

First, I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this...

This evening, my 18 yr old daughter was caught in a liquor store trying to use an ID that was given to her by a 'friend'. The officer started to write her a citation, and apparently had a problem writing it, and told her to stop into the local precient tomorrow to pick it up. He confiscated the ID. She was not driving a car, as she was with other people. At this point, I'm not sure what he is going to charge her with, but I assume it's using a fake/altered ID to purchase alcohol as a minor.

My questions are.... Is it normal for an officer to start a citation and then stop and tell the defendant to pick it up the next day? Should I engage an attorney before she picks it up and signs the citation? Thanks for any and all replies.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
She is going to get the citation regardless. Look your darling daughter screwed up. Why protect her from the consequences of her stupidity?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">