• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Complex driver's license issue for 2 dui's

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DammitPaddy

What is the name of your state? NC and NV

Here's the scenario - I got a DWI while living in NC. After the period of suspension due to the arrest, I got my license reinstated and went and got a license in another state (as per lawyer's instruction) - Nevada. I then a few months later got my second dWi while driving in NC. (I have subsequently gone to treatment and have gotten sober).

Through the skillfulness of my attorneys, the cases were handled such that both cases were convicted as first offense DWIs. My license is showing up in NC as suspended until 11/07, but is eligible for reinstatement in NV. Will I be able to get my NV license reinstated ? Can I get a hardship license (in FL - where I currently reside) if I don't get a license in NV?

Also - I called the NV dmv after the revocation period ended and the woman there said just come take the test, pay the fee and it'll be reinstated, but I'm not sure if she just didn't check the national database or what.

Thanks - my lawyer is tied up in court this week so I wont be able to talk to him till monday and I'll be in vegas next week and wondered if it would be worth my time to go to the dmv.

I'm sorta sure that I'm stuck using my chevro-legs until NC decides I should get my license back, but was hoping for the other options.

garrula lingua

I believe every state asks, under penalty of perjury, the question: have you ever had a license in another state... & give info & do you currently have a drivers license in another state. etc.

... the only way you have 2 DLs is by committing perjury.
You had to give 2 addresses as your primary residence.
Under the laws of each state, you have to notify DMV of a change of address within approx 10 days.
If your lawyer told you to commit perjury, he'll probably lose his bar license.

You should & hopefully, will, be found out.
Hopefully, you'll be convicted of a felony (in L.A., it's almost guaranteed).

It's silly antics like this that create felonies from misdemeanors & land state prison sentences.

Who, here, wants to help you in committing a continuing felony ???
Turn in your Nv DL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">