• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ARD Program twice?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ducati1978

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I was in the ARD program around 2000/2001 and completed the program and had it expunged by a lawyer in 2002/2003.

My question is, with my record expunged, will I be eligible for a second ARD program in 2007?

This is in different counties in Pennsylvania (1st ARD program was issued in Norristown, PA. Second may potentially be issued in Philadelphia)

Will Smith

My understanding of the Pa ARD program is once it is completed it still remains in the DA,s file for 10yrs. If you get another DUI within that 10yr period, It will count as a second DUI. Based on when you completed the first ARD program, you are still within that 10yr period for this DUI to be counted as your second. I would contact a lawyer. A second DUI conviction could bring elevated fines, DUI conviction, 30days in jail, and up to 12 months license suspention.

FlyingRon

The ARD option is at the discretion of the prosecutor and the judge as well. They don't have to offer it even if you would otherwise qualify.

ducati1978

My understanding of the Pa ARD program is once it is completed it still remains in the DA,s file for 10yrs. If you get another DUI within that 10yr period, It will count as a second DUI. Based on when you completed the first ARD program, you are still within that 10yr period for this DUI to be counted as your second. I would contact a lawyer. A second DUI conviction could bring elevated fines, DUI conviction, 30days in jail, and up to 12 months license suspention.
What if my first offense that occurred 7 years ago was DUI and now my second offense in of a "simple assault" case? Do they give out ARD program for those type of cases? If so, can one realistically get into an ARD program twice? I did speak with my lawyer and she is convinced that I will not be eligible because she said that a new protocol came out stating that only first time offenders are offered the ARD program. Does the discretion (to offer) of the ARD differ from county to county?

Last edited:
I've never heard of ARD given out for an assault charge. I believe you can get a second time. I've seen people get it for the third time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">