• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Indiana CDL OWI

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E85 Indiana

I have plead guilty to OWI.
My Class A CDL & all driving privileges were suspended 90 days.
I was than able to obtain a conditional operators license to and from work.
After my 6 months, I was told my license and CDL would be reinstated.
Well, I now have a valid drivers license, but apparently the judge and my lawyer misinformed me.
Indiana BMV now states my CDL is suspended until October 16th 2007.
Meanwhile, my employer has been very cooperative, and willing to work around my issue.
But now, my employer isn't very cooperative, due to the fact, I need another 5 months to comply with the DOT/IN BMV laws.
I have completed my probation, alcohol classes,etc.....all fines have been paid.
My lawyer (who I will never recommend to anyone) will not return my phone calls.
Fact of the matter is: In the past, my employer has dealt with these issues.
NOW, they want to use me as an example.
What rights do I have?
Can I get a deferral on my CDL? (If so HOW)
I'm 34 years old, father of 2 children, happily married (10 years)......Have I learned my lesson~Hell yes I have~
I have nobody to blame except myself for my actions, and luckily nobody else lost their life due to my actions.
My BAC was 0.10
This is my first arrest, and my last.
Porter County has zero tolerance for DUI/OWI(from what I'm told)
DUI/OWI is there a difference?
NEW Law states CDL holders who are convicted of DUI lose the CDL for 1 year (1st offense)
(2nd offense) FOR LIFE!
What about OWI?
Thats 2 different words with 2 different meanings......I think~DUI .15+/ OWI.149 or less?
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyhow, this has drove me to the point of finding out on my own, just how bad I screwed up.
Please feel free to post your thoughts and opinions.
If you drink/Don't drive especially in Porter County.
:D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">