• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Canceling a magazine subscription

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

n1cfuri

I had agreed to, on a phone solicitation to subscribe for several magazines over a three year period with a subscription company in Iowa. I am no longer interesed in the magazines as well as I am unsatisfied with the company itself. In addition one of the magazines ceased to publish. The company on the other hand wants me to pay the remaining balance entirely or in monthly payments. I am a resident of California and I am unsure of my rights to cancel the subscription service or am I obligated to pay. (They had recorded me as agreeing to be bound to a three year commitment) They won' t stop calling and the magizines keep coming.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">