• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sexual abuse and child custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kracer

The father of my 2 children has been in jail since june 2000 for sexual abuse to a minor (our daughter) and domestic
violence to me. I have been advised to go for full custody
as soon as the trail is over. But I want more! I want to
ensure my children will never have to see him again. I would even like to change their last name so he can never find them. He already has threatened to kill me. I need to make sure my children are safe. Thank You kracer

T

truth is powerful

You should make sure a no contact order is included in his conviction and sentencing.That would insure that he has no right to any records or contact with the child(ren) until his probation and hopfully his sex offender treatment program is over. penalty for seeking contact might involve more years in prison.What state what is the indictment for exactly? Oh I reread and he is convicted. How long of a sentence did he get? include a statement in your decree that states no contact. Have you talked to legal aid?

[Edited by truth is powerful on 01-27-2001 at 11:54 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">