• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hepatitis related disability/ Multiple exposures and employers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Randy Haynes

I live in Missouri and have worked as an RN for over 20 years. Prior to that I worked as an aide. Since 1976 I have worked Emergency Rooms &Operating rooms for a total of approximately 16years. My exposures to blood and blood products have not always been documented as is required now. My question is regarding establishing a claim without having a specific employer on incident of exposure to direct my claim toward. There is no doubt that this is now a work related disease for those involved in direct patient care and OSHA has standards that must be followed after an exposure. Also employees at risk must be offerred chance to be immunized. What about employees that may have been exposed prior to those standards being initiated. Do I have a chance to claim any disabilty against the industry in general or is there any special situation that may cover my claim? All responses appreciated. Thanks, Randy Haynes,RN

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">