• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Experts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PainInTheRear

Are the "experts" on this board lawyers? I saw my lawyer for the first time in my life 2 days ago and they were actually very kind. They even told me when I went in there to not be so frightened because the attorney is on your side. If the experts on this board are indeed attorney's then why are they so different in the way they talk to people here? The difference must just be the money. It probably all boils down to that. The attorney that I hired I have to pay and the possible attorney's here on this board are just doing this for a hobby? I don't know - I am just asking. People come here for help because they have made a grave error in judgement, and are pretty scared with the whole thing. Not everyone is an alcoholic or drug addict or whatever - but might be very nice people. It really wouldn't hurt for some people to soften up a bit. Although some people may have had loved one's killed by drunk drivers. I can understand that. If that is the case - that is very sad, and can really understand the bitterness. I wonder too though - if the experts here have ever driven a car after drinking or getting high and made mistakes - but just didn't get caught.
PITR

FlyingRon

Are the "experts" on this board lawyers?
In general, they are not. However, the main reason your lawyer acts differently to you is you are paying him and he is obligated to be nice. I'm sure you'll find the district attorney, also a lawyer, to not appear so nice.

Note the name of this forum.

sjmjuly

Hi Pain,
You and I are alot alike. I agree with you about these boards and the fact they should be used for information & advice - Not riducule and sarcasm. I am a 44 yr old professional woman with a great job and family, and have never been in trouble in my life. I made one stupid mistake and my life has been pure hell ever since. It doesn't help to come here to get information and end up getting smacked upside the head.
I understand there are bad people out there that don't care about others, are not responsible, are repeat offenders and need to be locked up because they disregard the welfare of others. I am not one of those people and do not believe you are either. I am truly sorry and just want this over with and move on.
I am very leary of the information I receive on this board now and have decided to ask my attorney when I have a question. So far he has been wonderful and very helpful.
Best of luck to you and hopefully you will be fine.

Most people on this board are not lawyers, just as most people you meet on the Internet are not technically "experts" in whatever field their talking about. Think about it though: Lawyers get paid to deal with cases like these, so why would they spend a lot of time handing it out for free on a message board?

On these boards, you're mostly getting people who been in similar situations... take it for what it's worth. And while I know that they often seem harsh, they're mostly just telling it how it is. Look through some old posts and see how many start with something like, "Yeah, I was completely drunk, but the officer wrote down the color of my shirt wrong, so can I just get out of this?" People on this board are happy to walk you through the realities of your legal situation, but they won't be a think tank for semantic arguments. .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">